Call for Entry 2019 – download (PDF, English)
Call for Entry 2019 – download (PDF, Mandarin)
Regulations International Competition 2019
Download in PDF format (339 KB)
- This call for entries for the international competition is directed exclusively at those persons who work in the fine arts – either due to their training at an art academy, media art academy or due to their active exhibition vitae.
- Only narrative single-channel films that feature fictitious elements and demonstrate an innovative storytelling approach can be considered. Furthermore, they must be realised at a high technical level and produced after January 1, 2017. The films may be of any length.
- Films with dialogues that are not in the English language must be subtitled in English.
- Submissions can be entered exclusively via the Reelport submission portal. The corresponding link can be found on www.kinoderkunst.de. If an applicant wishes to submit several films, a complete application must be made for each film. The following files are required for the submission procedure:
• Film (accepted formats: .mp[e]g / .vob / .avi / .mov / .mp4)
• A copyright-free film still (300 dpi; format: JPG, TIF or BMG)
• Synopsis (DOC / PDF)
• A portrait photo of the artist, including photo credit (300 dpi; format: JPG, TIF or BMG) • Biography / Filmography (DOC / PDF)
- There is no fee for submissions to KINO DER KUNST. Submission of films on reelport, however, involves a small charge, which shall be borne by the applicant. Films must be submitted no later than the end of the deadline on November 15, 2018.
- In the case of a positive decision, the applicant shall likewise be responsible for all the shipping costs and risks of sending demonstration copies to the festival. This also applies if film copies are sent via third parties. The applicant is responsible for organising the shipment of copies.
- As a screening format, the applicant shall submit DCP or 35 mm or a PRORES 422-HQ file. Presuming acceptance, other formats can be permitted only under rare circumstances, which must be separately clarified. KINO DER KUNST will generally copy video formats onto hard disc for presentation.
- With submission, the applicant confirms that the film may be shown at the festival. Additionally, the applicant also confirms with their submission that they have obtained the consent of any third parties involved in the production process, and that these third parties likewise agree to participation in the KINO DER KUNST international competition.
- The selected participants agree that excerpts of maximal three minutes of each submitted film can be broadcast on TV and in the Internet for the purpose of advertising KINO DER KUNST. Award-winning films are also allowed to be presented one additional time during an event occurring within six months of KINO DER KUNST.
- The participant further agrees that the texts and photos provided can be published in the festival catalogue, on the website and on social media as well as for press and public relations work.
- Applicants will be notified by e-mail whether their submitted films have been accepted or rejected. These notifications will be sent beginning on February 15, 2019. The titles of all participating films will subsequently be published on the festival website and other linked pages.